WooCommerce includes a selection of core order statuses, but these may not fit the purpose for every eCommerce workflow. This plugin allows you to create order statuses, and the actions that take place when the status is set. This includes which action icons to appear, emails to be sent and a variety of other permissions to permit.
Use the table of contents on the right hand side to navigate to your relevant section, otherwise please proceed to the next section on Installation.
- Download the extension from your Envato downloads page.
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded.
- Click Install Now, and then click Activate.
- Go to WooCommerce > Order Statuses > Add Status and read the sections below to learn how to setup and configure your custom status.
Setup & Configuration
Go to WooCommerce > Order Statuses to view the existing order statuses. Here you can see an overview of all the custom order statuses that you have added (or are going to add).
Core Order Statuses
To view and manage the core statuses you will need to go to WooCommerce > Order Statuses > Settings.
Core order statuses cannot be deleted as they are used by other plugins, even those that you may not typically use in your workflow. As these plugins expect core order statuses to be present, deleting them will break the plugins, like payment gateways, that depend on them.
However, you can do the following to each core status: –
- Rename the status name, i.e. Pending Payment for the
- Rename the status label, i.e. pending for the
- Change the colour of the status icon/label.
- Show the status in the Bulk Actions menu.
- Enable item editing for the order when the status is set.
If you would like to reset the defaults of the core statuses at any time, you can click on the ‘Reset Defaults’ button on the top right of the table. This will reset the names, labels, colours and other settings to the default WooCommerce settings.
Creating A New Status
You can add a new status by clicking “Add Status” at the top.
Add the following information for your order status.
- Name – the name to display in your Orders Table and on all order information.
- Label – set the label to identify this status. This would be displayed in the Bulk Actions menu.
- Reports – enable this if you would like the orders with this status set to be considered as a placed order in the reports.
- Dashboard – enable this if you would like a count of orders with this status displayed in a Dashboard widget.
- Icon – select an icon for this status, which will be displayed on the “Orders” page if the order has this status.
- Colour – select a colour for the order status icon or text.
- Style – select a style for order status.
- Email Notification – enable this to display the options for email notifications when this status set.
- Recipient(s) – select the recipient for this email notification when the status is set. Choose out of Customer, Administrator, Administrator & Customer or Custom Email Address. Default administrator email address is set under WooCommerce > Settings > Email.
- Recipient Email Address – enter the custom email address for this email notification. This text box will load when ‘Custom Email Address’ is selected in the Recipient(s) option.
- “From” Name – enter the name of the sender for the email notification.
- “From” Email Address – enter the email address of the sender of the email notification.
- Email Subject – enter the subject of the email notification.
- Email Heading – enter the heading for the email notification. See screenshots below for example on where the header is displayed.
- Order Information – enable this to include the order information. See screenshots below for example on what the order information includes.
- Custom Message – enable this to include a custom message in the body. See screenshots below for example on where the body is displayed.
- Message – add the text you would like displayed in the custom message. You can include dynamic information using a short code which can be loaded by clicking on the cart icon on the top right of the text editor. See screenshots below for example on what short codes can be included.
- Email Subject
- “From” Name + “From” Email Address
- Email Heading
- Custom Message
- Order Information
- Cancel Orders – enable this option to allow customers to cancel orders
- My Account – enable this option to allow customers to trigger this status from their My Accounts page. See screenshots below for example on how this button appears.
- Visibility Rule – select what status the order must be before the button to trigger appears.
- Button Label – enter the text of the button label.
- Product Reviews – enable this option to allow customers to leave reviews for the products purchased in the order.
- Download Permitted – enable this option to allow customers to download their virtual products purchased in the order.
- Stock Status – define what happens to the stock of the products purchased in the order.
- Item Editing – enable this option allow items to be edited in the order.
- Default Actions – select which default actions are displayed when the order has this status.
- Action Icon – select an icon to use for the “Order Actions” button.
- Action Visibility – select which status need to be applied to the order before the action button is shown. Leave blank to not display the action button.
- Bulk Action – enable this option to hide the status from the Bulk Actions menu.
- Automatic Trigger – enable this option to trigger another status automatically after a period of time.
- Triggered Status – select which status should be trigger after the period of time.
- Time Period – select the time period after which the triggered status is set.
Once you’ve configured the options for your status, click “Save Status” and your new status will be created.
- Status Style – define what style the status should be for the core statuses on the “Orders” table.
- Successful Payment – choose what status should be set upon successful payment. Default is
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What happens if I delete an order status?
A: When you delete an order status, the plugin will ask you what you would like to do with orders with the status set. You attribute all orders with that status to a selected status of your choice. See screenshot below for an example of this prompt.
Questions & Feedback
Have a question before you buy? Have some feedback for us on this documentation? Have a great idea to add to this plugin? Please let us know so we can make the improvements and answer your queries. Click here to contact us through our contact form.