Our plugin runs in a web browser which makes it limited to what hardware it can and cannot connect to. iOS and Android does not allow the hardware connections to interface with web browsers for security reasons which makes hardware support a limited scope for our Point of Sale plugin. Below is a list of recommendations to take into consideration when selecting your hardware:
- The barcode reader needs to be able to scan any ordinary barcode and output the value followed by the return key (to submit the scan).
- The receipt printer needs to be able to print HTML pages. The width is not relevant, although we do recommend the standard 80mm.
- The cash register / drawer is not integrated with the plugin, it is triggered to open by the printer.
- The magnetic card reader should be able to parse (or transfer) the information on the magnetic card, which includes the card number, expiry and name. Most cards do not include the CVV on the magnetic track for security reasons.
- The chip & PIN reader can be anything as our Point of Sale plugin does not integrate with this device due to the security reasons explained above. We recommend using the device independently and entering the tendered amount in the device and mark the payment paid using the chip & PIN method.
Below is a table we have created (from users who have submitted their findings of supported hardware here): –
|Receipt Printer||Star||TSP100 TSP143U||Buy|