Define at which point in the order management workflow should the actions to assign the order status be shown.
- Default actions are provided by WooCommerce as default. These include Processing and Completed.
- You can choose to display both, either or none. Select which actions are shown from the Default Actions found under the Action tab.
- Select the statuses that are required before this status is allowed for assignment to an order.
- For example, the baking and delivery of an order cannot take place if is not prepared. Therefore, the baking status will require the order to have the order status prepared.
- You can choose more than one status requirement.
- Shop managers can permit who can assign a particular order status to the order and who can assign a particular order status from the order.
- To define who can change the status from the custom status, select the users in To Unassign found under the Actions tab.
- To define who can change to this order status, select the user or users in To Assign found under the Actions tab.
- By default, these fields are left blank which means anyone with shop order permissions can change assign or unassign this order status.
- To remove the option to bulk assign the order status from the orders page, go to the settings page of the order status and check the box found under Action > Hide Bulk Actions.
- Users can still assign this order status from the order details page.
Order note prompt
- Shop managers can display a note modal box whenever the order status is assigned.
- To enable this feature, go to the settings page of the order status and check the box Order Note Prompt found under the Action tab.
- The order note can be private or public to the customer.
- The order note prompt will only appear when you click the action button.