Adding an order status
Create your own order status to form a store based order management workflow.
Naming your order status
Building your order management workflow can save your shop money and time in processing and getting those sales in and fulfilled.
- Give your status a name that will explain to both customers and shop managers what this status represents. For the example of this documentation, we are going to use Quality Inspection.
- The slug is a the URL-friendly version of the name. Usually it is lowercase and contains letters, number and hyphens. For the example given above, we are going to use quality..
- You can configure the order status to show orders within the report. This is useful if you want orders within a certain status to be taken into consideration with the reporting provided by WooCommerce.
- You can enable this feature by editing the order status and checking the box on General > Reports.
- To apply this to the reporting, click Update Status when you’ve changed the setting.
We advise users to enable this for order statuses where orders are considered processed and paid for.
You can get a glance view of the orders within a particular status. This is configured from within the order status settings.
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Order Statuses and select the order status that is to be shown on the dashboard.
- Check the box on General > Dashboard to enable the dashboard widget.
- To apply this to the dashboard, click Update Status when you’ve changed the setting.