Manage the cash in your drawer using our friendly and easy to use cash manager integration.
Set your denominations
Before using the cash management feature, it is important to setup the denominations of the currency your store trades in.
- To set these values, go to Point of Sale > Settings > Denominations.
- Here you can add the values for your currency,
- For example, for the United Kingdom this will be: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1, £5, £10, £20 and £50.
Enabling cash management
You can define the cash amount at the start of the day and then get an end value to work with when the register is closed. This feature is not global to all registers, you would have to enable it for each register you want this to work on.
- Go to the register you want to enable the cash management feature for and click on Edit Register as you hover over the register row.
- You will be shown a list of settings, scroll down to Cash Management and enable it.
We recommend you close the register before enabling or disabling this feature.
Setting the initial cash float
- Opening a register with the cash management feature on will display a modal window asking for the initial cash float.
- Here you should add the amount that is currently in the register.
- The option to add a note to this float is also available.
Viewing current cash in drawer
Should you need to check and see the sales history of the registers session with relation to the cash in the drawer, you can do so easily by clicking on Cash Management on the top bar when the register is loaded.
- You will be directed to a page where you can view the orders processed to date along with the tendered value and who processed the order.
- Adding or removing cash from the drawer is easy, simply click on either of the Add Cash or Remove Cash buttons at the top of the page.
- A modal window will then ask you for the amount being taken or put in the register along with a note for reason.
- Added cash is shown in green and removed cash is shown in red.
End of day summary
The report shown when the register is closed shows you two tables dedicated to the cash that is being managed by the register:
The table consists of:
- Opening Cash Amount – the cash that you opened the register with.
- Cash In – any cash that was added to the register through the cash management page.
- Cash Out – any cash that was taken out of the register through the cash management page.
- Cash Sales – total of cash sales that were tendered through the register.
The table consists of:
- Drawer Cash – the amount that is in the register, including both the cash opened with and the cash sales made.
- Actual Cash – feature which allows you to count the quantity of each currency denomination to check against discrepancies.
- Difference – this will display the difference (discrepancies) between the actual cash and the reported cash.